The World of Work
The World Of Work Hub Is An Initiative Profiling Many Of The Providers And Resources Available To Assist Young People In Their Transition To The Workforce.
About The World of Work
Showcasing Careers To Students And Communities.
Take A Look At What Is On Show In The Exhibit.
Everything You Need To Know To Get Involved.
Events / Galleries
View Our Upcoming And Past Events.
A Mobile Careers Hub
The World Of Work Exhibit
What Is The World Of Work Hub?
The World of Work Hub is an initiative profiling many of the providers and resources available to assist young people in their transition to the workforce.
Providing a creative and engaging environment for training providers, educational providers, careers resource providers and employers to engage with young people to assist with the decision making processes as they move from school through training to the world of work.
Key Benefits Include:
Encouraging career conversations / Sharing Inspirational journeys / Workplace profiling / Nurturing environment / Role modeling
Helping Young People Become “Work-Ready”
The World of Work is fully mobile and available for exhibition alongside local community events. Providing a cost-effective means of resourcing these events with consistent messaging and presence.
The World of Work Hub is available to anyone wanting to host a careers focused event nationwide. Including schools, expos, community career festivals etc. The World of Work Hub allows for employers and educational providers to “wrap” around the event with a powerful engagement for young people to discuss their future.
The World of Work Hub has the ability to help create “work-ready” youth through a collaborative approach and exposure to resources, employers and training providers.
The World Of Work Case
Skill development by young people is much more effective if the world of learning and the world of work are linked together.
1. The more young people (aged 14-19) that come into contact with employers while they are at school, the less likely they are to become NEET (not in education, employment or training) between 19 and 24 years.
2. Tackling Youth Unemployment – Work Ready Kids and Youth Friendly Employers
“Employability must be considered as an outcome of schools and young people should be exposed to a wide range of career options. This can only be achieved by schools and employers systematically working together to expose young people to the opportunities available across the modern economy”.
3. Help young people (especially the “at risk”) to become more workplace aware and better equipped to engage with employers.
Help companies to establish more “youth-friendly” pathways.
1, David Turner -Internationally respected youth employment consultant. From his document: eight key factors)
2, From a report examining youth unemployment in the UK conducted by Deloitte and the UK Education and Employer’s taskforce: It’s who you meet: why employer contacts at school make a difference to the employment prospects of young adults.
3, David Turner -Internationally respected youth employment consultant. From his document: eight key factors)
- 6 x Vocational Pathway Modules: Building & Infrastructure / Social & Community / Creative Industries / Service Industries / Primary Industries / Manufacturing & Technology. Including ‘Just the Job’ marketplace video profiles.
- Vocational Pathways explained
- Occupational Outlook Profiles including workforce profiles
- CV Building – Top tips for a tip-top CV
- What Do Bosses Really Want? – What are the top 10 things
employers are looking for!
- 2 x Just The Job Video Consoles – Watch over 300 online career video programs.
Can The Exhibit Be Used As A Stand Alone Exhibit?
Who Uses The World Of Work Exhibit
The World Of Work exhibit is available to anyone hosting a careers related event. Typically, Schools, Careers expo’s and youth events./p>
Who Is The World Of Work Exhibit Aimed At?
Do I Have To Set This Up Or Look After Anything?
How Much Does The World Of Work Exhibit Cost?
Can I Book It For My School / Careers Expo
We Are A Regional Expo, Can We Use The World Of Work Exhibit?
We totally understand the setup costs and logistics of providing this kind of exhibit and support to your event.
How Much Space Do We Need?
The World Of Work Gallery Of Past Events
Contact The World Of Work